Embark on this exciting 11-day voyage, on the Rembrandt van Rijn, to the Scoresby Sund, East Greenland, and more. On this departure, sail northwards along the East Greenland coast to visit Kangerlussuaq, Miki’s, Nansen and d’Auney’s Fjord. Further on near Römer Fjord and Turner Sound have good hiking opportunities. At Stewart Ö, perhaps see the narwhal and at Ittoqqortoormiit and on the tundra of Jameson Land, have good possibilities to see musk oxen.
Day 1 : Depart from Reykjavik / Embark in Kulusuk Days 2-6 : Fjords on the East Greenland Coast Day 7 : Rømer Fjord and Turner Sound Day 8 : Scoresby Sund Day 9 : Ittoqqortoormiit Day 10 : Jameson Land Day 11 : Disembark in Nerlerit Inaat / Return to Reykjavik
Sailing northward along the East Greenland coast, enter several fjords, competing in great beauty, Ikerssuaq, Kangerlussuaq, Miki’s, Nansen and d’Auney’s, most of these with glacier fronts at the head. Any of these fjords offer a chance to see a polar bear.
Rømer Fjord and Turner Sound give good opportunities to sail far inland, as they have no glacier front at the head and they are not clogged with glacier ice, providing hiking opportunities. From a ridge on the Manby Peninsula have a stunning view across the landscape.
Ittoqqortoormiit (about 400 inhabitants), at the northern entrance of the Scoresby Sund, is the only Greenlandic settlement of the area. Their nearest neighbors in West Greenland live about 800 km away.
Apologies for the inconvenience. Prices for not yet published. Below per person rate based on previous season. Contact us to confirm upcoming season pricing.
Prices for are estimated based on inflation. Contact us to confirm pricing and availability for your desired departure date.
Select a Date
Triple Private Porthole
Main deck, upper and lower berths, private bath facilities and porthole.
Select a Date
Twin Private Inside
Lower deck, upper and lower berths, inside cabins with private bath facilities.
Select a Date
Twin Private Porthole
Lower deck, upper and lower berths or two lower berths, private bath facilities and porthole.
- Rates are quoted in U.S. dollars and represent costs per person, double occupancy.
- Cabins are available for single occupancy at 1.7 times the double occupancy rate.
- Children between the ages of 3-15 receive a 40% discount in triple cabins, one child per cabin.
- Due to the extreme nature of itinerary destinations, travel insurance is mandatory for all cruises aboard the Rembrandt Van Rijn - including medical, accident and repatriation/evacuation insurance.
- Voyage aboard the indicated vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff
- Free use of snow shoes
- Transfers and baggage handling between airport and ship in Greenland harbors on the chartered group flights
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- AECO fees and governmental taxes
- Comprehensive pre-departure material
Fares do not include:
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post- land arrangements
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Meals ashore
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is mandatory)
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided
This itinerary is for guidance only. Programs may vary depending on local ice and weather conditions, the availability of landing sites, and opportunities to see wildlife. The final itinerary will be determined by the Expedition Leader on board. Flexibility is paramount for expedition cruises.
Our guide and driver were very good with their knowledge and were very helpful with our questions. It was a very pleasant visit that would have been impossible to do on our own. Hotels and restaurants were fantastic. The special places we got to go to, like the kitchens, were great. Enjoyed the entire trip!