Camp Xakanaxa is on the banks of the Khwai River on the Xakanaxa Lagoon. It offers a year round land and water safari experience. It is surrounded by riverine forests, open savannah, seasonal floodplains, permanent lagoons, rivers and channels. The location is one of Africa's beautiful game reserves and is home to a herds of elephant, buffalo, giraffe, lechwe, wildebeest, impala, waterbuck, sable antelope, lion, leopard, cheetah, wild dog and hyena.
The camp offers 13 rooms that sit on raised platforms and have views of the surrounding lagoons and islands. There is also a lounge and dining room in the main building that feature a small library, sundeck, plunge pool and sala.
- Thirteen Meru-style classic luxury safari tents
- 12 twin bedded tents
- 1 guide/pilot tent
- The camp can accommodate 24 guests
- Made of canvas and set on raised decks
- Shower, hand basin and bathroom
- Fans in all guest tents
- A water sprinkler system aids cooling in midday heat
- Plug points for charging equipment
- A variety of African biodegradable soap, shampoo, body lotion with insect repellent and shower caps
- Umbrella and poncho
- Kist with lock and key
- Small safe
- Reading lights, desk light and bathroom mirror light