40Ship Type: River Cruise ShipOperated by: Aqua Expeditions
The luxurious Aqua Mekong was designed to embody the aestheric of a sophisticated five star hotel. Local sustainable materials and artisanal touches of the Mekong’s multifaceted cultures round out generous interior spaces. Spacious and indulgent, yet intimate enough to feel entirely exclusive, the Aqua Mekong incorporates relaxed yet refined lounging and dining areas, and can accommodate a maximum of 40 guests plus crew.
Each stateroom features a California King sized bed which can be separated into two twin beds, floor to ceiling windows facing the Mekong, large double closet with safety box, chest of drawers, iPod docking station, indoor seating area and outdoor seating area (for balcony cabins). Suites feature extra large bathrooms with picture windows, two sinks, large walk in shower with rainforest showerhead and bench, professional hairdryer, and natural bath amenities.
The Aqua Mekong Features
- Exclusive staff to guest ratio of 1-1 on the river
- All Excursions limited to 10 guests per guide
- The Mekong’s only private fleet of 4 elegant aluminium launch boats
- All suites measure 322sq.
- Family suites measure 644sq.
- World-class dining program with Consulting Chef David Thompson
- Sleek and contemporary award-wining interior design
- Kayaking and biking excursions
- The Mekong’s only forward-facing shaded infinity pool
- On-board paramedic
- The Mekong’s only private indoor and outdoor screening room
- Indoor and outdoor bars
- Indoor dining room and outdoor private dining
- Screening room with theater-style seating
- Outdoor cinema under the stars
- Library / Games room with the Mekong’s only foosball table
- Outside shaded lounge with single and double day beds
- Antique and artisanal boutique
- Lobby lounge
- Observation deck with outdoor sunbeds
- Top deck gym overlooking the river
- Infirmary with onboard medical staff
- Outdoor top deck plunge pool with private cabanas
- Two spa treatment rooms, one single and one double
State of the art safety features include radio communications with separate battery pack, satellite phone, life jackets, flares and signals, fire extinguishers and smoke detectors in each cabin, automatic defibrillator on board.
- Year Built: 2014
- Ports of Embarkation: My Tho (Vietnam), Phnom Penh and Siem Reap (Cambodia)
- Vessel’s Registry: Cambodia
- Type of Vessel: River Expedition Vessel
- Length: 62.4 meters / 204 feet
- Beam: 11.5 meters / 38 feet
- Draft: 1.5 meters / 5 feet
- Gross Tonnage: 700 tons
- Cruising Speed: 12 knots
- Electricity: 220 volts
- Engines: 2 New Caterpillar, Tier 3 Emission compliant
- Generators: 2 New Caterpillars, encapsulated for noise reduction
- Water: Reverse osmosis and UV water treatment plant
- AC: Central air-conditioning throughout
- Laundry: Complimentary service (no dry cleaning on board)
- Internet: Complimentary wireless throughout.
Plug/ Voltage type Onboard: Type C Indonesia
Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, G, I. As a traveller from England you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, I. As a traveller from Australia, New Zealand you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, G.