As the weather across the states continues to teeter around 100 degrees, the holidays may look like a long way off. After all, didn't the neighbors finally take down their icicle-lights just last week? Aren't you still applying aloe lotion to your too-pink over-sunned shoulders? Haven't you just begun weeding the dandelions from the garden? But as a seasoned traveler, I know you will agree that it is never too early to begin plans for holiday travel. Argentina glacier hiking, Costa Rica whitewater rafting, exploring Guatemala culture or cruising the Galapagos . . . spaces are limited, but there are a number of destinations and tours to choose from, whether you're planning a family vacation or an intimate get-away-from-the-hustle-and-bustle for two. For a complete list of holiday departures click here! Or take a glance at some of our favorite holiday travel options listed below:
- 15 spaces available Dec. 23 departure onboard the Coral I, 10-day tour
- Come see the islands that Charles Darwin made famous! Each day on your Galapagos cruise you leave your commodious yacht to explore these uninhabited island treasures. Naturalist guides show you the diversity of Galapagos wildlife and teach you about the area's natural history. Each island is filled with highlights: snorkeling with playful sea lions, admiring the amusing blue-footed Boobie, whale-watching, hiking to lava tunnels on Santa Cruz Island. Join us in Galapagos Islands to visit one of the most undisturbed ecosystems in the world!
COSTA RICA TOURS
- From Belize's reefs to the rainforests, you can enjoy assorted adventures such as hiking, horseback riding, snorkeling, windsurfing, spelunking, sea kayaking and much more. Only 14, 270 square miles wide, Belize is home to the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere offering some of the best diving in the world. Active archeological digs are common sites to see throughout the country inviting a fascinating look into the lives of the ancient people who once called this region home.
Belize Explorer – Ambergris Caye 8-day tour
- 6 spaces available - Dec. 23rd departure
- Discover the jungle clad ruins of Tikal, explore cathedral shaped caves, horseback ride through the Maya Mountains, and explore winding trails along the Roaring River. End your Belize vacation with two days in Ambergris Caye - snorkeling, diving or fishing by day and relaxing to the Caribbean rhythm in the evening.
Hamanasi Adventure 8 to 12-day tour
- 8+ spaces available - Dec. 23rd departure
- This action packed week includes scuba and snorkeling on the longest coral reef in the Western Hemisphere and jungle adventures to hidden waterfalls, immense caves and towering Maya ruins. Choose to spend your nights in a treehouse bungalow or a beachside room, and join us for an unparalleled Caribbean vacation.
Lush rainforests and pristine beaches; tiny blue frogs and giant leatherback turtles; screaming howler monkeys and crashing white waves: Costa Rica tours offer a breathtaking array of sights and sounds! Your travel itinerary might include whitewater rafting, a rainforest canopy tour, relaxing at the beach or exploring one of the country's many fabulous ecolodges. On your Costa Rica vacation, you'll learn the essential meaning of the country's motto, Pura Vida
- "Pure Life." Experience nature travel at its best!
Adventure Pacifica 11-day tour
PATAGONIA TOURS (Argentina and Chile)
- 8+ spaces available - Dec. 23rd departure
- 8+ spaces available - Dec. 26th departure
- Whitewater, wildlife, beaches, and jungle combine to make this our most complete Costa Rica travel adventure! Begin by exploring the country's most famous volcano, then enjoy the adventure of cloudforest, zip lines, canopy touring, and whitewater before heading to our secluded beach retreat set amidst Pacific rainforest - and don't forget to watch out for the highlight of Costa Rica travel: its spectacular wildlife!
Beaches and Rainforest 8-day tour
- 12 spaces available - Dec 16th departure
- 12 spaces available - Dec 20th departure
- 12 spaces available - Dec 23rd departure
- 12 spaces available - Dec 29th departure
- 12 spaces available - Dec 30th departure
- This is an adventure-packed Costa Rica tour with whitewater rafting, horseback riding, jungle hikes, and optional tree climbs into the rainforest canopy. After spending a few days at our unique rainforest lodge, it’s off to a Caribbean beach retreat surrounded by thick tropical forest. This is a great way to see what the best of Costa Rica travel has to offer.
Patagonia travel reveals the diverse and remote beauty of southern Chile and Argentina. Patagonia adventure options are as varied as the terrain. You can secure clampons and trek a glacier, board a motor yacht and explore the fjords, or grab your packs and head for the towering spires of Chile's Torres del Paine. Your Patagonia tour will disclose a fairytale landscape gushing with turqouise lakes, green hillsides, and ice-capped mountains. As if that's not enough visual stimulation, Patagonia tours can also include leaping dolphins and cresting whales.
Argentina Glacier Adventure 8-day tour
- 8+ spaces available - Dec 22nd departure
- Begin your Argentina travels with a hike among glaciers and steep granite spires in the famous Fitz Roy Range, taking to the backcountry on a 4-day trek. Explore the stunning Perito Moreno Glacier before heading home from your Patagonia travels.
Awesome Argentina 9-day tour
- 8+ spaces available - Dec 23rd departure
- Explore Patagonia at a relaxed pace, taking plenty of time for wildlife and bird-watching. We'll visit the Peninsula Valdes, Tierra del Fuego National Park, and Perito Moreno Glacier, along with a working sheep ranch!
Mare Australis and Via Australis 4, 5 or 8-day tour
- Please contact us for spaces available – departs every Wed. and Sat. during the holiday weeks
- Discover the waterways of Tierra del Fuego aboard the newly built Mare Australis or Via Australis-- spacious and comfortable ships that will take you through the remote waterways of Patagonia. Daily zodiac trips ashore allow you to experience the beauty of the remote landscape, its animals and flora. Onboard enjoy informative slide shows, a knowledgeable, attentive crew and delicious food on this exceptional Patagonia cruise.