Overlooking the primeval Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge is the finest luxury lodge at Bwindi. With dramatic intense views of the forest canopy across a serene stream, it is one of Africa’s unique properties. The gorillas frequently come to relax in the verdant bush around the lodge! The lodge is perfectly located for a Uganda jungle gorilla tracking experience.
The luxury forest lodge in Bwindi, fully renovated in 2018, now features a redesigned guest lounge and dining area that bring the feel of the forest into the stylish interiors. The main living area has a central fireplace which acts as a focal point for guests to relax and discuss their gorilla tracking experience. A newly designed outdoor terrace gives dramatic views of the impenetrable forest and is a great place to spot the monkeys and birds hidden in the foliage.
The eight individual bandas, each having their own view of the forest, have been totally restyled with warm luxurious interiors and inviting four-poster beds and locally-inspired furniture. A new Deluxe Banda has opened in June 2019 and one more opening later in the year.
The Humula Forest Spa was opened in April 2018 and a sauna and new massage room are planned for 2019.
The award-winning Bwindi Bar, in the high street of the village nearby, is the most stylish and colorful bar in the area! Guests also enjoy informal tapas-style meals inspired by Ugandan dishes. It’s Harry’s Bar of Bwindi! Guests can even make their ‘Rolex’ wrap. The bar was set up by Volcanoes Safaris Partnership Trust to train disadvantaged local youngsters in hospitality.
- Eight plaster and timber glass-fronted guest bandas with thatch roofs (six doubles and two twins) reflect the local building style.
- One new Deluxe Banda opened in June 2019 and one more opening later in the year
- En-suite shower rooms with flushing toilet, double vanity, shower with hot and cold running water.
- Personal butler service for all guests.
- The Humula Forest Spa (with sauna opening in 2019).
- Rooms have walk-in mosquito nets, charging stations, hairdryers, and 240v lighting.
- Bandas are individually named after Bwindi gorillas.
- Wi-fi is available in the main lodge building.
WiFi in the main lodge
Personal butler service for all guests
En-suite shower with flush toilets
Guided Nature Walks
Buhoma Village walk (or hire a mountain bike)
Watch the Bwindi Orphans dance group
Batwa cultural experience
Hike to the Waterfalls
Visit nearby community projects like the AMAGRA organic farm
Explore the Nkwenda Village craft shops