30Ship Type: River Cruise ShipOperated by:
Anakonda Amazon Cruises
The Manatee Amazon Explorer is an intimate way to explore the great Amazon. The ship holds just 30 passengers, and it's equipped and maintained in order to handle the most challenging conditions and circumstances. Equipped with a small fleet of motorized canoes, the Manatee provides unlimited mobility and allows for the exploration of the most remote areas and inaccessible shores.
The Manatee's expedition leaders are always on hand to answer questions and offer information on the Amazon rainforest, the weather conditions, navigation, native cultures, and plants. Travelers can learn about this unique region through daily explorations, lectures, briefings, recaps and videos.
A Day on Board the Manatee:
During your Amazon expedition enjoy daily morning and evening canoe and land excursions, enthralling lectures on everything from the history and culture of the region, to the Amazon's bird, animal and plant life. Amid the hottest hour of the midday relax in the social areas or take in the beautiful atmosphere of the Amazon Rainforest.
Manatee Exploration Trips include:
• Bird Watching
• Rainforest Trekking
• Canoe Excursions
• Cooking Lessons
• Community Visits
• Observation Tower
• Day and Night Hikes
• Briefings and Lectures by Naturalists
• Handicraft Demonstration
• Lounge Spots
• BUILT: Refurbished in 2017
• PORT OF EMBARKATION: Coca - Ecuador
• VESSEL’S REGISTRATY: Guayaquil - Ecuador
• TYPE OF VESSEL: River Expedition Vessel
• LENGTH: 37 meters
• BEAM: 8.50 meters
• DRAFT: 0.75 meters
• GROSS TONNAGE: 214 tons
• CRUISING SPEED: 12 knots
• ELECTRICITY: 110 v. (220 v. special outlet in the engines room)
• ENGINES: Cummins x 2 / 350 HP
• GENERATORS: Cummins x 2 / 75 KVA
• WATER: 1000 - liter water treatment plant
• SAFETY GPS: tracking by the Ecuadorian Navy, Radio communication with separate battery pack, satellite phone, life jackets, flares and signals, fire extinguishers, sprinklers and smoke detectors in each cabin, automatic defibrillator on board
• LAUNCH BOATS: Two fiberglass ecologic canoes equipped with four-stroke low emission engines; constant radio communications with the main vessel. Total Capacity 30 passengers
• CREW: 10, including a cruise manager, paramedic, English-speaking naturalist guides, 4 native guides, Captain,concierge and crew members.
• ACCOMMODATION: 10 standard suites (2 triples) and 4 deluxe suites all with air conditioning system
• SUITES FEATURES: Full sized beds, bathroom with shower, toilet, sink, cabinet, and a basket of toiletries, bathrobes. Hot water available 24-hours
• SOCIAL AREAS: Bar-Lounge / Conference room Indoor. Dining Room. Outside Lounge with “al fresco” dining facilities. Sundeck with lazy chairs. Boutique.