74Ship Type: Expedition Cruise ShipOperated by: Alaskan Dream Cruises
The sleek Chichagof Dream was recently renovated and makes its inaugural voyage in 2016. The ship features expansive viewing areas on the bow and aft promenade decks, new carpets and furnishings in public spaces and staterooms, and a commanding hull design, optimized for supreme comfort in Alaskan waters, regardless of weather.
Experience warm yacht-style cruising surrounded by knowledgeable, genuinely friendly staff and accompanied by interesting people who share your passion for adventure and learning. The relaxed, casual ambiance lets Alaska’s awe-inspiring beauty really shine.
The Chichagof Dream difference includes:
- Intimate vessel ideally suited for exploring off-the-beaten-path
- Knowledgeable captain and all Alaskan & North American crew with many years in Alaska
- Educational presentations by Scientific & Cultural Expedition Leaders on the many fascinating aspects of Alaska history, geology, marine and wildlife
- Complimentary chef inspired gourmet cuisine
- Social Hour with hors d’oeuvres, drinks and daily recap by the Expedition Leader
- Complimentary Alaskan gear includes jacket, pants and boots for use during the cruise
- Fresh NEW linens, towels and mattresses
- Alaska crafted soaps & shampoos offered in stateroom
- A full day in Glacier Bay National Park including up close glacier viewing and Glacier Bay narration
- High powered and lightweight binoculars provided in every stateroom for use on the cruise
- Amazing wildlife viewing in Frederick Sound, Tracy Arm, Point Adolphus and more
- A library of books that pertain to many aspects of Alaska such as history, geology, marine and wildlife
Chichagof Dream accommodates up to 74 passengers in 37 cabins. All cabins offer either twin beds or queen beds, windows, spacious wardrobes, and private bathrooms with showers. Ranging from approximately 105-218 square feet, select cabins can accommodate a 3rd guest.
Guest cabins have standard 110-volt outlets. Each cabin is equipped with a hairdryer, towels, and a selection of organic, biodegradable, earth-friendly soaps and shampoos. Relax on your pillow-top Sealy World Class series mattress and sheets manufactured by The Comfy Company; pillows and duvets are hypo-allergenic synthetic.
All meals aboard the vessel are included in the passenger fare and served in the Chichagof Dining Room. Professionally trained chefs take great pride in presenting outstanding, prepared meal selections featuring fresh, organic, and locally produced food. With Chef Inspired Gourmet Cuisine, menus change daily, offering several selections from a menu usually including a seafood or meat entrée. Fresh, locally caught Alaskan seafood is a specialty.
Aboard ship, a nightly social hour and re-cap is presented an hour prior to dinner, featuring delicious freshly prepared hors d‘oeuvres in forward viewing lounges. This provides the perfect ending to the day with your Expedition Leader re-capping activities and previewing the next day.
Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available at all times in both the Dining Room and lounges. A selection of fine alcoholic beverages, beer and wine are available aboard ship for independent purchase, but not included in your cruise fare. There is a good selection of wine available aboard, and you may purchase a bottle and have the unfinished portion capped and held for you.
Complimentary Shore Excursions
Enjoy at least one and sometimes two intriguing shore excursions in each port of call that showcase true Alaskan adventure and colorful native heritage. These extraordinary experiences are included at no extra cost for incomparable vacation value! Availability based on itinerary:
Just a few of the complimentary shore excursions:
- Orca Point Lodge to enjoy Alaskan salmon & king crab dinner
- Skagway White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad
- Wilderness Bays where you can enjoy kayaking and guided watercraft exploration
- St. Michael’s Russian Orthodox Cathedral, Russian Bishop’s House and Sheldon Jackson Museum in Sitka
- Mendenhall Glacier Visitor’s Center in Juneau
- In Kasaan, walk through a magical forest to The Chief Son-I-Hat Whale House, the only remaining Haida clan house in North America
- Norwegian Folk Dance show in Petersburg
- Wrangell City Walking Tour
- World’s Largest Totem Pole, Totem Carving Demonstration, Gunnuk Creek Bear Viewing Platform in the village of Kake
The True Alaskan Experience
A cruise aboard the Chichagof Dream was conceived with the notion that travelers come to Alaska in search of a deep personal connection with the true Alaska - a place of genuine character, a place where adventure is a way of life, a place where the wandering soul’s most-cherished memories are born. To that end, true Alaskan experts have been carefully selected to travel with you on board and ashore. With years of experience as naturalists, educators, and authors, your team is well versed in everything from environmental science to marine biology. Whether they’re recapping the day’s highlights at nightly Social Hour or taking a group on a muskeg or rainforest hike, guests aboard the Chichagof Dream find that their enthusiasm for Alaska makes this vacation more rewarding.
Chichagof Dream Specifications
- Length: 207 feet
- Cruising Speed: 8 knots