Visit Alaska the towns of Juneau and Sitka as your cruise begins or ends; other ports of call will vary. Possible towns you may visit: Hoonah, Haines, Skagway, Tenekee Springs, Kake, Petersburg. This cruise is designed to take advantage of the best available scenery and wildlife during your cruise relying on the Captain's expertise. You'll have the opportunity to kayak, take nature trail walks, enjoy beach campfires, walk on Glaciers, and take Skiff rides, all in true Alaskan style!
Day 1 : Embark in Juneau, Alaska Days 2-8 : Flexible Alaska Cruising Day 9 : Disembark Sitka
Visit the Alaska towns of Juneau and Sitka
Cruise the waters of Chattam Strait and Frederick Sound
Arrive in Juneau and boarding your ship at 5:00 PM – IVF Port by the Team (Please note, there is no early boarding).Scheduled airport pick-ups will be provided. For those coming in a day earlier, luggage pick-ups from downtown hotels will be provided. Your vacation begins with a tour of the Alaska State Museum. Please meet your Naturalist at 395 Whittier St., Juneau at 2 PM for Fantasy Cruise Check-in and tour. Boarding after check-in and tour of Museum, meet your crew and depart for your evening wilderness anchorage.
Day 2-8 Flexible Alaska Cruising
7 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 7 Dinners
The objective is to maintain flexibility to offer the best trip possible for the weather conditions, wildlife – both land and marine mammals and “off the beaten path” cruising. The Captain will plan the exact route just prior to your arrival for your trip. Evening anchorages of Captain’s Choice. This cruise has been designed to take advantage of all the best that the local area has to offer.
You will cruise the waters of:
– Peril Strait in the Sitka area
– Chattam Strait
– Frederick Sound
– Stevens Passage
– Lynn Canal, pending weather conditions you may even venture more north
The Captain will consider local activities such as:
– Whale Feeding/Breaching and cooperative interactions
– Coastal Brown Bear and Black Bear feeding/shoreline activity (Salmon runs and waterfalls)
– Tenekee Springs and/or Kake and Hoonah – small Alaska towns
– Dawes Glacier – Tidewater Glacial activity in the region (calving and ice pack access)
– Mendenahll Glacier Tour, with interpretive information from local Ranger
– Kayaking and skiff tours in small bays and inlets
– Fords Terror. Known to be a true highlight of Southeast Alaska not often visited. Be one of the few to experience and enjoy this phenomenal location as we spend a full day in one of Alaska’s most protected bays.
In the afternoon on Day 8 arrive to the port in Sitka. Enjoy a narrated tour of the community. The tour includes local museums, the Raptor Rehabilitation Center, Totem Park, then visit the Russian Orthodox Church. Afterward, there will be some time to shop for your Alaskan trinkets before coming back aboard the Island Spirit for your final evening together.
Day 9 Disembark Sitka
This morning you will enjoy your final breakfast aboard the Island Spirit at 8:30 AM followed by transfers to hotels or airport. (Please note, the ship is in port the evening before departures to accommodate early flights. Please note, all guests are required to disembark by 12:00 PM.
Apologies for the inconvenience. Prices for not yet published. Below per person rate based on previous season. Contact us to confirm upcoming season pricing.
Prices for are estimated based on inflation. Contact us to confirm pricing and availability for your desired departure date.
Select a Date
Stateroom with two twin beds, private bathroom with shower. All rooms have full size windows with screens.
Select a Date
Slightly larger stateroom with queen bed, private bathroom with shower. All rooms have full size windows with screens.
- A fuel surcharge may be added due to fuel price volatility.
- All rates are quoted in USD and are based on double occupancy.
- Limited special single cabins available on first come first served basis for the same rate.
The exact cruise route and components may vary due to the Captains discretion. The Island Spirit always strives to provide the best trip available. Some things may change due to weather, wildlife, tour availability etc.
Included in your cruise fare:
- All meals
- Cocktail hour and wines with dinner
- Kayaks and walking tours
- Port charges and taxes
Our guide and driver were very good with their knowledge and were very helpful with our questions. It was a very pleasant visit that would have been impossible to do on our own. Hotels and restaurants were fantastic. The special places we got to go to, like the kitchens, were great. Enjoyed the entire trip!