Bio Bio Expeditions offers you the ultimate in luxury "5-star" riverside camping at our Adventure Spa basecamp on the Futaleufu River in Patagonian Chile! This is true "glamping"! (Glamorous Camping!) The Adventure Spa Base Camp is custom designed to include the absolute best activities, facilities and creature comforts for those on one of our Chile tours. The unique site also provides the best river access for maximizing time on the water - whether whitewater rafting, private guided fly fishing from one of our catarafts, or whitewater kayaking clinics. The riverfront location on the Futaleufu allows guides to launch rafts and kayaks from a nice, calm eddy, just one mile above the amazing Bridge to Bridge section of whitewater - known as the "Heart of the Futaleufu". Less driving time, more river time! The crew of guides have been doing this for years and are eager to make sure you have the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in adventure on our Chile tours!
The deluxe facilities at our Futaleufu River Camp include:
* Open sunset bar overlooking the river with unlimited drinks, relaxing and dancing
* A hand-crafted wood sauna
* 2 private spa/massage rooms and professional masseuse
* Free daily yoga classes with mats on a cliffside yoga deck or the new, cozy Yoga Pagoda
* River rock hot tub with beautiful river, mountain, and sunset views
* 5 Hot showers and flush toilets
* Private tent bungalows with roofs for shade or rain complete with roomy, walk-in, safari-style tents with river views, coffee table, real mattresses, pillows and sheets, down comforters and morning coffee service by your own personal “tent captain”.
The camp includes areas for private, quiet reflection, such as our peaceful open-air loft library and cozy yoga pagoda, as well as group gathering places for games, sit-down dinners, and happy hours.
Your adventure vacation on the Futaleufu River also includes:
* Friendly service from your tent captain who delivers tea or coffee to your tent each morning
* Free use of our fleet of 14 suspension mountain bikes, whitewater kayaks and catarafts, and a variety of fishing equipment
* Yoga classes every morning and private yoga sessions on request
* A full range of multisport adventures...
* Fly fishing on the Futaleufu River - either from shore, or from a cataraft in the calm canyon in front of camp
* Gourmet cuisine including freshly baked bread and fresh vegetables from an adjacent farm
* Candlelight dinners in our "Galpon" an open air log structure hand-built by a talented Chilean carpenter Rolando.
* Inflatable kayaking on the Azul River and Espolon River - the Futalefu's two largest tributaries
* Horseback riding
* An evening of Chilean wine tasting
* A sunset “float” downstream to a beautiful beach for a riverside BBQ and campfire
* Visits to local farms to soak in the Patagonian culture
* Mountain biking or hiking on nearby scenic trails
* And, of course, whitewater rafting one of the most exciting, beautiful rivers in the world!
I could not be happier with my Adventure Life experience, from beginning to end. I travel a lot, and I think your company and personnel do an outstanding job. I truly appreciate your professionalism, attentiveness, and flexibility. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend your company and would be happy to serve as a reference.