40Ship Type: River Cruise ShipOperated by:
Anakonda Amazon Cruises
The M/V Anakonda is a luxury ship designed to make the experience of the Ecuadorian Amazon Rainforest the most comprehensive and unique adventure possible. The ship features 18 suites, each totaling between 215-258 square feet. Suites are well-equipped with air conditioning and 24-hour electricity, and each offers a private bathroom with hot water and all necessary amenities. To accommodate families, Anakonda also offers four interconnected suites.
Passengers can socialize in the dining room, bar, observation deck with outdoor Jacuzzi, and in the al fresco lounge. There is also a small boutique where travelers can purchase souvenirs. Guests are assisted by the M/V Anakonda's 20-person crew, which includes a manager, paramedic, 4 skilled nature guides, and 4 local guides.
The M/V Anakonda offers Glamping
(glamorous camping), a new and unique opportunity in the Amazon. Glamping allows travelers to camp in the middle of the rainforest with luxurious commodities. Each campsite is fully sealed and located above the ground on a wooden platform. Equipped with comfortable beds, charming rustic furniture and superior service, guests are able to enjoy gourmet meals, champagne and hot showers after a day of exploring the Amazon. Space is limited to a maximum capacity of 8 guests per embarkation date.
A Day on Board the Anakonda:
During your Amazon expedition enjoy daily morning and evening canoe and land excursions, enthralling lectures on everything from the history and culture of the region, to the Amazon's bird, animal and plant life. Amid the hottest hour of the midday relax in the social areas or take in the beautiful atmosphere of the Amazon Rainforest.
Anakonda Exploration Trips include:
• Bird Watching
• Rainforest Trekking
• Canoe Excursions
• Cooking Lessons
• Community Visits
• Observation Tower
• Day and Night Hikes
• Briefings and Lectures by Naturalists
• Handicraft Demonstration
• Lounge Spots
On Board Facilities and Services:
• Fresh Water
• First Aid Kit
• Air Conditioning
• El Dorado Bar / Lounge
• Dining Room
• TV Room
• Al Fresco Lounge
• Sun deck with Jacuzzi
• Private Bathrooms
• Lounge Spots
• BBQ Pit
• Special Food (If you require vegetarian meals or
dislike some sort of ingredient please report this information
to our concierge)
• Laundry Service
• Built: 2013
• Port of Embarkation: Coca, Ecuador
• Vessel Registry: Ecuador
• Style of Vessel: River Expedition Vessel
• Length: 148 feet / 45 m
• Draft: 5 feet / 1.5 m
• Gross Tonnage: 280 tons
• Cruising Speed: 12 knots
• Electricity: 110 / 220 volts
• Engines: 2 John Deere 435 HP Marine Engines
• Generators: 2 x 80 KVA John Deer
• Water: 10000-liter water treatment plant
• Safety: GPS tracking by the Ecuadorian Navy, Radio communication with separate battery pack, satellite phone, life jackets, flares and signals, sprinklers and smoke detectors in each cabin, automatic defibrillator on board.
• Launch Boats: Three fiberglass ecologic canoes equipped with four-stroke low emission engines; constant radio communications with the main vessel. Each canoe has a capacity of 30 passengers.