Surrounded by hills, just a few kilometers from Marchihue, and 40 minutes from the town of Santa Cruz in the Valley of Colchagua, lays Residencia Histórica de Marchihue.
A fabulous country house which dates back to the 18th century has been restored and transformed into a wonderful boutique hotel known for its high quality and service. Situated in an oasis of old eucalyptus trees, amongst a diverse fruit orchard and beautiful rose gardens, Residencia Histórica de Marchihue is the ideal place to enjoy peace and serenity.
Residencia Histórica de Marchihue includes a variety of facilities that will make a stay on this lovely property even more comfortable.
· Transfer service from Santiago
· Lounge bar, pool table and library
· Wine tastings in private cellar
· Spa services
· Outdoor pool
· Gift shop with local Chilean crafts
· Bilingual guides for local tours
Residencia Histórica de Marchihue offers 22 exclusive rooms with elegant bathrooms and two luxury family Apartments. The rooms include luxurious bathrooms with both a shower and tub for guest's enjoyment. The hotel also offers free internet access.
Residencia Histórica de Marchihue is equipped with a team professional cooking staff. In the expansive kitchen chefs combine the flavors of traditional Chilean cuisine with international dishes, achieving impeccable results. Indulge in freshly prepared meals daily, as well as the traditional Chilean barbeque served under the stars.
The Colchagua valley is one of the most important Chilean wine regions. Some of the best wines exported from Chile originate in this area, making it the preferred location by wine lovers. Residencia Histórica de Marchihue offers activities for every taste and style.
· Wine tastings and visits to the vineyards in the valley
· Adventure activities such as trekking and biking among others
· Discovering the Chilean Huaso: rodeos and horseback riding
· Trips to Pichilemu beach and other local towns
· Star gazing in the southern hemisphere
· Visits to museums of Colchagua and El Huique
This was our first trip to South America and we were a little nervous. But Adventure Life made things so easy! All our questions were answered before we left, and our guide, Vidal, was amazing! He gave us enough space to explore without rushing us along. He also knew where the best picture taking opportunities were, which was great.