Your journey takes you deep into the heart of the Amazon rainforest, starting from the vibrant city of Bogota and flying to the enchanting town of Leticia, located in the southernmost corner of Colombia, which borders Brazil and Peru. Your knowledgeable guide will meet you at the Alfredo Vásquez Cobo International Airport in Leticia and take you to the port, where you can board a private transfer from Leticia to the Calanoa Hotel.
When you arrive at the Calanoa Natural Reserve, in the heart of the Amazon forest, you will be welcomed by a garden of exotic flowers, palm trees, and fruit trees on the shores of the Amazon River, where birds, monkeys, butterflies, and innumerable other species live. The structures are endowed with a sense of lightness, with ethereal walls where lying in a hammock will allow you to open up your senses and fully contemplate the infinity of the jungle.
As an introduction to your adventure, on the first night, you will enjoy a night walk in our primary forest. Expert indigenous guides endowed with ancestral knowledge of the jungle will guide you and show you the nocturnal life of a world that never rests. You will be surrounded by the song of frogs, nocturnal creatures, flowers that bloom at night, and phosphorescent mushrooms. The jungle is one thing during the day and another at night. Don’t forget your flashlights!
Three morning flights operating Bogotá → Leticia, leaving between 7:00 am and 11:39 am *
- Subject to availability and flight schedule
- Flight duration: Approximately 2 hours
- Airlines: Avianca & LATAM
* Depending on your arrival time it might be necessary to stay an extra night in Leticia.
Departure times Leticia → Calanoa Reserve:
- Car service from airport/hotel to the port: Approximately 10 minutes.
- Private transport by boat from Leticia to Calanoa Reserve: Approximately 1 hour & 50 minutes.
- Private transport: Latest departure time is 3:30 pm.
* A public boat is available subject to arrival/departure times of flights, which will reduce the overall price.
- Public transport: 7:00 am, 10:00 am and 1:00 pm.