Bottom Line: The best time to visit Panama is between February and April, when there is the least amount of rain and the hottest, sunniest temperatures. Value seekers might be willing to travel during the wetter months for a better deal.
- Dry Season: December-April (afternoon/ evening thunderstorms are common on the Caribbean coast)
- Wet Season: May-November (rains mostly on the Pacific coast but also on the northern Caribbean coasts)
- High tourism season: December-April
- Low tourism season: November
- Hurricanes? Don’t worry! Hurricanes almost always pass much further north than Panama!
The tropical climate of Panama makes it a great destination to visit throughout most of the year, but if you want to enjoy hot days and less rain, travel between February and April. The winter months of December through February is a lower season for tourism but a fantastic time for the weather. In spring, from March through May, the weather is agreeable but there are more people traveling during this time. Summer (June-August) is a popular alternative for Panama travel, and August is a very busy travel month. The fall months from September through November sees less tourist traffic, which generally means better prices.
No matter when you go, expect high humidity. And while you are exploring the northeastern Caribbean side of Panama, you will find that heavy afternoon showers and even thunderstorms happen regularly between April and July.
If you’re hoping for a bargain on your cruise, avoid traveling during the months of December through April, as you are unlikely to find any great promotions.