Begin your European tour in magical Paris, the “City of Light,” where you embark upon your luxurious river cruise ship, MS Amalyra! Visit Honfleur, a charming French harbor town immortalized by generations of artists. Stroll through Rouen, the historic capital of Normandy, then take an unforgettable excursion to the famous Normandy beaches of WWII. Visit Les Andelys, home of Château Gaillard, then return to Paris for a final exploration before ending your journey.
Visit the Château de Bizy near Vernon and its majestic park
Enjoy cider and wine tastings from one of France's best wine regions
Tour the historic village of Honfleur, a favorite subject of artists
See the beaches of Normandy, and discover its World War II history
Uncover the history of Château Gaillard, the former stronghold of Richard the Lionheart, situated on the chalk cliffs high above the Seine, on a tour. Or, if you prefer a more active adventure, you can hike there from the banks of the Seine, admiring the scenic views along the way. For those who wish to explore the area on two wheels, join a guided bike tour through the charming town of Les Andelys. After your adventures, set sail along the meandering Seine, enjoying the beautiful views of the Seine Valley’s dramatic white cliffs and centuries-old half-timbered houses.
Visit the seaside town of Honfleur, renowned for its picturesque harbor, and for being an inspirational site for Impressionist painters. If you wish to experience a different kind of inspiration, the Romanesque Normandy Abbey Route will take you to the magnificent Abbaye de Montivilliers and Abbaye du Valasse. For a more active adventure, you can bike through Normandy’s picturesque landscape.
Experience the Normandy region with one of three tours. For those wishing to go to the American sector of the historic Normandy Beaches, you will visit the cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer, Omaha Beach, the artillery battery at Longues-sur-Mer and the village of Arromanches, where the remains of the floating harbor used during the WWII landings can be seen. If you prefer, you can tour the Gold and Juno beaches in the British and Canadian sectors, where you will visit Ranville Cemetery, Pegasus Bridge, the Canadian cemetery at Beny-sur-Mer, the WWII museum in Courseulle and finally Arromanches. As an alternative experience, travel through beautiful Normandy countryside.
Spend the morning enjoying medieval Rouen with a choice of three excursions. Join a walking tour past the imposing Notre Dame Cathedral, painted numerous times by Monet, and see the square where Joan of Arc was martyred, as well as the Medieval Quarter and Great Clock. For those who wish to be more active, you can join a biking or hiking tour around the city. Later in the day, you can explore the Jewish area of Rouen; or go on the “Tastes of Normandy” tour, where you’ll be treated to the delicious flavors of the region, including chocolate, cheese and cider.
Sail along picturesque Seine to Vernon, where you will have a choice of three exciting excursions. Art lovers who choose to visit Claude Monet’s gardens in Giverny will immediately recognize images immortalized in Monet’s most beloved paintings—such as water lilies, Japanese bridges and graceful willow trees. Wander around his famous gardens and home where he lived for more than four decades. You also have the choice to explore the 18th-century Château de Bizy, inspired by the opulence of Versailles. Or for those who wish a more active adventure, you can go on a guided bike tour to Giverny, taking in the enchanting beauty of the region.
Travel to Auberge Ravoux in the heart of AuverssurOise, the last home of artist Vincent van Gogh. His spirit still lingers in his former attic rooms at the Ravoux Inn. The mere 70 days Van Gogh spent in AuverssurOise were astonishingly prolific as he painted more than 70 works here before his death. Or enjoy the exquisite architecture of the Chateau SaintGermaindesPrés, along with its museum and gardens. If you prefer something more active, strap on your helmet and pedal around the city of Conflans. Later in the day, relax on the Sun Deck or on your balcony as the ship takes a scenic cruise on its way to Paris.
Day 8: Paris | Disembark
Bid farewell to Paris and prepare for your flight home.
255 sq. feet. 3 cabins on
Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, bathtub and shower, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #310-304.
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with French balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
- Wellness Program with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck whirlpool and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Daily Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from the expedition company
Beyond expectations! Then again we weren't sure what to expect. Lovely stay at the lodge, met other like-minded travelers (many had their trips planned by Adventure Life) and the owner was a gracious hostess. It felt like you were one happy family, visiting with a favorite aunt.