A family-owned and operated establishment, Hotel Sol y Mar guarantees personalized, caring, and detail-oriented service. A mini-buffet breakfast is included in the price.
The lovely Hotel Sol y Mar offers guests accommodation in its 17 rooms, each with a private balcony and stunning sea view. Each room is spacious, immaculate, and secure, and comes with air conditioning and a bar - the perfect place to enjoy your Galapagos tour!
A small deck with jacuzzi and picnic tables serves as a great resting or meeting area, with views of the nearby Academy Bay. The on-site restaurant overlooks the bay.
Hotel Features and Services:
- Complimentary Wireless Internet for our guests in public areas and lobby
- Complimentary Coffee and Tea station from 5:30 a.m. till 9:30 p.m.
- Experienced Tour and Transfer Operators
- In-house Laundry Service, for a fee
- Restaurant, Pool Bar and Room Service
- Pool and Heated Jacuzzi
- All Oceanfront rooms
- Nightly turn down
- Free wireless internet access
- Individual air conditioner
- Bottled water, complimentary
- Hypoallergenic foam pillows
- In-room safe
- Working Desk
- In-house telephones
- Environmentally friendly shampoo and conditioner dispensers
- Reading lamp
- Rollaway bed, for a fee
- In-house laundry service, for a fee
- Board games and cards available, complimentary
- Bathroom features a hairdryer, makeup mirror and hot water
The hotel offers a breakfast buffet daily for all guests.
The buffet offers a generous selection of delicacies from Ecuador, like yucca croquettes with cheese and sweet plantain rolls. Classic breakfast treats are also offered, scrambled eggs, French toast, sausage and wheat toast. A selection of cereals is always provided, such as granola and cornflakes. Fresh juice, coffee and tea is always provided!
For Lunch and Dinner service is provided either to your room and out on the patio, as well as in the restaurant. The chef prepares the menu based on what is available....seafood! From the Sea Sampler, overflowing with shrimp, octopus and fish, to Galapagos Lobster Au Gratin, there is a dish to tempt ever appetite. If you're in the mood for something more casual, the Shrimp Burger and Ceviche are local favorites. Other favorites are Steak in Pepper Sauce and Chicken Teriyaki which are exquisitely prepared by the chef.
This was my first experience with Adventure Life - and I couldn't have been more pleased with the trip. The guides and local staff in both Buenos Aires and Uruguay were terrific - extremely helpful and accommodating. I really enjoyed meeting the friendly staff in Buenos Aires in person (I left my bags with them for the afternoon).